Clipping Point Cloud in Rhino

Hello all,

in my Rhino Model im clipping Pointclouds in .PTS format. When i clip with 2 or more clipping planes, my Rhino Crashes.
In Rhino I tried to look for problems with my Graphic Card or my OpenGL version, but i couldnt stop the crashes.
Additional I added to screenshots of the error code in Rhino and my OpenGL properties.

I hope somebody knows how to stop this crashes when clipping pointclouds.

Kind Regards,

Jaap

I have a 58 million point pointcloud, doesn’t crash here with 2 clipping planes. The file itself is 1.5 gigs, Rhino needs 2.5 gigs of RAM to open it. The display is very, very slow here in my Rhino 5 with my Quadro 4000 card, but it does work…

–Mitch

Hello Mitch,

thank you for the reply. Sometimes i can see some scattered colous on my screen when I clip the Pointcloud. Then my Rhino crashes. I tried a pointcloud from 80 mb and one around 500 mb but Rhino keep crashing. Maybe something is different in the properties of the K4000 or the there is an error in the export of the pointcloud.

I have read that you can change values of the Graphic Card values in the register as well, but im not sure if the graphic card makes the crashes…

Jaap

Maybe. I also have different (older) video drivers than you. It does seem most likely that this is a video-related crash. Are you sending the crash reports in?

–Mitch

I sended the report to Mcneel, this is the detailed one as sended on top. nvoglv64.dll is the failing module some OpenGL problem maybe I dont know.

Jaap