Clipping Planes- Used to be able to

Marc -
Yeah,
I know, its not obvious. I’ll share an example or 2 when I get the chance.
There will be a couple of examples of each of the 2 separate (but related) points I was asking on.
More as I can, as an extended reply here, and we can take results and work together to post them to the forum question.
Best to you and the team -
C.

some month ago I had some problem with a very complex model.
Marco Traverso on italian forum suggest me a solution through Grasshopper. Unfortunately this solution wasn’t good for me (model too much complex, too much intersection to solve), but on more simple object works great!
Please take a look here

Greetings

Stefano

Marc, John Brock, Pascal & RHINO Developers -

1. Being able to de-select items to NOT be included in the sectioning via Clipping Plane:

Ok, on this one, Here’s an example of the CLIPPING PLANE point I made above. My explanation was fairly simple, and anyone familiar with the U.S. ASME/ANSI Drawing and Drafting standard would have recognized the point, and in the case of using our models as illustrations, those of us using them in more “Technical” presentations will recognize this right away, too.

Here’s a simple example. This SHOULD get the point across, …

… but just in case there are still questions, here’s a little more detail -

1. On my other point that seems to have ALSO engendered some confusion ( :-/ ) ( my preference for RH-5 NEON over RH-6 RAY-TRACED) -

The frustrating thing about THIS is that THIS is the LATEST RH-6/WIP, just downloaded TODAY ! I was HOPING to get this in the WIP I was already running, which AT LEAST gave a NOISY but recognizable image, that at about 2-1/2 minutes was - while still noisy - approached usable. But at 3 MINUTES and 30 SECONDS, the image in the latest download remains unusable.

Maybe this is just MY own experience, but I’ve taken more than half a day to put together examples appropriate for this post. Why ?

Because (after 2+ years as an RH-3 user, … ) RHINO-4 was the SINGLE BEST TOOL on the market for its specific application, RH-5 - as shown - was a SIGNIFICANT improvement (sadly crippled by BO-2 so I run it 32-Bit with BO-1 when animating) , with RH-6 still struggling after 2 (?) years of pre-release development as a market-released “WIP”.

The RH-6/WIP example is particularly frustrating, as I was forced to download the “Latest Version” today when putting this together. In the 'previous" version of -6/WIP, at 30 seconds we had a recognizeable but NOISY image, at 3 minutes- the image was BETTER but still too noisy to use. compare that with 10 seconds to usable, 15 seconds to GO in RH-5/NEON, AS SHOWN HERE.

Is there ANYTHING ELSE I can help clarify this with ? Happy to help.

I remain a HUGE fan, of the product, and offer this only in the hopes that this input will offer the hoped-for insight.

Thanks -

-C.

I have this problem.
Many times I have closed surface in Rhino but when you apply clipping mask it is not capped especially when you import STEP or IGES file.
A few days back I found one solution for that sometime if you show all object then apply clipping mask and isolate the desired object which needs to be view in clipping mask it works well.
But still I am confused in one window it’s not showing capped but in the native file where I create that 3d object there its is showing capped clipping mask.

Are you testing this in Rhino 6?

RH-46092 is fixed in the latest WIP