Clipping planes still too painful. Will it get better before V6 launch?

I think you are right, it would be more useful for that to be an object / layer property than a clipping plane property.

Hopefully not to getting too far off topic, I have often been intrigued by VisualARQ; but I’m not sure I would get great fit for the work I do. While film / TV / theater drafting share a lot of conventions with architecture, we have a lot of unique situations (most of our walls are single sided, many have to move, that kind of thing), which I’m not sure VisualARQ can handle. Native clipping planes in Rhino are quite flexible, and for the most part work for what I need, I just wish they worked better.

My thought was just showing clipping planes that are active, which would I think make seeing what clipping planes are affecting the detail / viewport easier instead of looking over a giant, mostly empty list. The could be active clipping planes (which I would think would be all clipping planes) would in my mock up be on the right hand pane.

One handy thing about the available clipping plane list on the right of my mock-up is that it would also let you easily spot orphaned clipping planes (which I admit with my carelessness I often end up with several).

:drooling_face: (I’ve had this fantasy before Wish V6: Better Layout Management - #2 by SamPage )