Clipping plane shading not printing!

My detail viewports showing plans and sections generated with clipping planes and set to arctic does show a dark shading through sections, but when I print the pdf using rhino pdf, the hatching/shading is missing. :frowning: Guys, I can’t have this! Im under pressure to get these drawings out properly. Please let me know how to fix this asap. Thank you.

Anyone? Im trying all the different views (shaded, rendered, etc) and none are printing the hatching in the clipping plane. What do I need to do please?

If I’m trying to build some stuff on here. Do you Know how to go about doing it? I’m a CNC operator but want more knowledge. This is pretty cool. I run a CNC in a mill but would like to learn more.

Anyone?

We’ll probably need a sample file to try and repeat the issue. Mentioning @DavidEranen and @jeff in case they have seen this before

@PeterB please send us a file which shows the problem. This will be the fastest way for us to potentially fix the issue.

Also, could you copy the text from Help -> System Information...?

Thanks,
-David

Here it is (attached) clipping plane not shading.3dm (1.5 MB)

Rhino 6 SR8 2018-8-14 (Rhino 6, 6.8.18226.15051, Git hash:master @ 36955e1c9b3dd3fd570aa5a95fd444e3c359200c)
Licence type: Evaluation, build 2018-08-14
License details: Stand-Alone
Expires on: 2018-09-24

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 24Gb)
Machine name: PETERS-PC

GeForce GTX 965M/PCIe/SSE2 (OpenGL ver:4.6.0 NVIDIA 398.36)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 6-24-2018
Driver Version: 24.21.13.9836
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2 GB

C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.8.18226.15051
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RPC.rhp “RPC”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.8.18226.15051
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.8.18226.15051
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.8.18226.15051
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

HI David, Any progress? Thank you.

Hi @PeterB,

In the Print... dialog, go to View and Output Scale and select Extents instead of Layout. You should get what you see in the viewport.

I don’t exactly know why the original Layout doesn’t work. Any ideas @stevebaer?

Doesn’t make a difference for me by printing to extents instead of layout. Just tested both on the same drawing, and got the same results in both case. Still no shading printing.

If this isn’t going to work, is it possible to at the very least have the MAKE2D generate the lines in the layers corresponding to the cut? So If Im making 2d of an object with three layers, the lines generated will be of those layers.

Hi Peter,
Just to make sure that we get all the information here…
On my system, this is what I see with factory-default Artic:

Rhino Top viewport:

Layout view:

PDF output:

I guess that is not what you are seeing on your end. Could you share some pictures?
Also, does it work as you want when you print the model space Top view to PDF?

No, that’s not what I see. My preview shows the wall hatched in the case of a clipping plane. This entire matter is regarding clipping plane not hatching when I print. So while I do see it hatched on my window in rhino, when I print PDF, regardless of which of the three pdf printers I use, it comes out without the hatching.

Again, could you share some pictures? There is no hatch in your document, so I don’t understand why this should be showing anywhere. I read that you used all possible display modes, are they modified from factory-default in any way?

As for this one:

If you select Maintain source layers in Make2D, the 2D output will be separated on layers as was the case with the input geometry.