Clipboard time lag

Hi guys, just logging problems I’ve had switching from Rhino 4 PC to Rhino 5 OSX. So these are wishlist items if they’re not already implemented, or deserving of thanks if there’s an easy solution I just missed because of unfamiliarity.

Item 5 - clipboard time lag. In Rhino 4 you knew exactly when the clipboard had your new objects because the interface was inactive until then. But in 5 it seems like this isn’t as clear - so you can copy to clipboard, switch document windows, and paste, only to find that you’re pasting the last clipboard’s worth instead. If this is about being able to use the interface earlier, I can see how it’s useful - on the other hand, would it be possible to include an upper-right-side-of-screen alert when the copy was complete? When the files have been heavy, a lot of flipping back and forth between documents and re-copying has been going on to correct for this right now.

(Marlin Prowell) #2

There is a “busy” indicator in the lower left corner of the drawing window, but it has not been working correctly. It would blink very briefly at the end of a copy operation rather than be on for the duration of the copy, or you might not even see it at all. This will be fixed in the next WIP release.

Ah, thanks, that’s great to hear - will look out for it in the next release!