Clayoo crashes Rhino 6 --- any suggestions?

unhandled

(Mary Baker) #1

I’m a new user of Clayoo, and there have been quite a few problems such as getting toolbars to show up (finally working) and menus to show up (still not working). But at least I could use it for modeling. But now things have really gotten bad. If I start Rhino fresh (not on any file) and just type “ClayooAbout” it becomes unresponsive and crashes. I’m guessing something has become corrupted, but I’m not sure where to look. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Clayoo, but that didn’t help.

I’m running Rhino Version 6 SR10 (6.10.18311.20531, 11/7/2018)
I’m running Clayoo 2.6.18323.2

I’d appreciate any suggestions people might have.

Thanks,
Mary

(foreigner) #2

I had the same issues.

(jesterKing) #3

@mary.baker make sure you also contact the Clayoo people directly https://www.tdmsolutions.com/clayoo/

(Mary Baker) #4

Thanks, yes – I’ve been doing that too.

Hello @mary.baker,

Thank you for the feedback. I’ve just checked with our support guys and they are in contact with you by email. Can you schedule with them a remote session so we can work on the problem?

Regards,

(Mary Baker) #6

Thanks, yes, I will do that. In an update, Josep of the support team figured out that we were loading the Clayoo toolbar incorrectly. You have to open it rather than import it in the Document Properties menu. If you do that, you get the Clayoo menu to show up as well as the toolbar! So that problem is solved!

There’s a chance this has solved the crashing problem as well somehow, but I’ll test some more to see if that’s actually true.

In any case, I want to say that the TDM Clayoo support guys (Pedro and Josep) have been very responsive, helpful, and patient! It is only the timezone difference that is a bit of a problem.

Nice to hear you get everything working again :slight_smile:

Enjoy Clayoo!