Clayoo 2.6 slows down Rhino v6

Hi @gileshg, we didn’t notice any speed slowdown using Clayoo despite it does some extra work on “Delete” and “Options” command, it should be barely affecting the workflow. Did you try the trial? You can download the Gate and start a trial here https://tdmsolutions.com/gate/. If you have any doubt contact clayoo@gemvision.com.

@enzo_molinari we didn’t published an update for a while because we are right now focused on other products. What problems do you have with Clayoo?

Regards,

• I lose my selection of points if I click on View Mode Toggle
  • some python scrips doesn’t work if clayoo is on
  • using some rhino commands, like MOVE clayoo switch my clayoo object into rhino mesh

all this happens randomly!

hope to switch on RH7 Sub-D very soon!

1 Like

The WIP SubD will probably be better than Clayoo in a few more releases. Right now it’s already faster and less crashy. But it’s missing a bunch of functionality Clayoo has. But also, The WIP SubD works with Rhino Osnaps and Clayoo mostly doesn’t, which is a huge plus for the WIP

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded the trial. It hasn’t installed properly in rhino it would seem. It does not appear in the toolbar. I don’t really get it. I have 47 hours and counting! 2 days is not much to play with.

thanks @Max3, I’ll look into it.

Look at the SubD threads in the Serengeti section of this forum. First thing you need to do is run Toolbar Reset. Then the SubD toolbar will pop up. Also look in the “New in V7” toolbar and in the “Mesh Utilities” toolbar.

thanks @Max3

@Max3 Max I don’t really know what I’m looking for in the Mesh Utilities toolbar. I don’t have Utyilities in my Mesh toolbar. And what do you mean by New in V7 toolbar? I don’t see that anywhere. Perhaps you could point me to a particular thread in the SubD Serengeti section? thanks again.

Hi @gileshg and @Max3
Could it be that @Max3 is refering to the Rhino V7 WIP (Rhino slang for pre-beta) and I think Giles just installed the trial version of Rhino 6? If @gileshg has indeed installed the V7 WIP, you should try ToolbarReset and see if that brings up the toolbars mentioned.
HTH, Jakob

1 Like

hi @Normand, I’m on a commercial Rhino version 6, which I hope isn’t a partially functional version as it cost $$$. I tried ToolbarReset and then restarted Rhino, but nothing happened. I’m able to access some functions by command line prompts, but it’s not very intuitive. Would you suggest working with the V7 WIP?

Hi Giles,

Except for expired demo versions, there are no Rhino versions that are only partially functional.

New features that we are developing are always available to licensed users in the Work-In-Progress releases of the next major version, in this case Rhino 7. SubD features are an example of one such development.

Most commands are also available as buttons on toolbars and through the menu at the top. This is not any different in the Rhino 7 WIP.
-wim

Hi Wim,

Having installed a trial, I still don’t have the Clayoo toolbar, that’s the problem in fact. I’ve tried toolbarReset followed by restart a coupleof times, but no progress. I think I’d like to try the V7 WIP with SubD features. It sounds really interesting. Thanks for your help.

Giles

Yeah, I’m talking about the Rhino V7 WIP.

It has a SubD toolbar, though some people seem to have to run _ToolbarReset to get it to appear in some releases. There are also, in some releases, mesh tools that work on SubDs that don’t appear in the SubD toolbar but do appear in the Mesh Utilities toolbar or Mesh Utilities dropdown menu of the “New in V7” toolbar.

Also, a number of nurbs tools have SubD output options. Rebuild Curve has a “make SubD friendly” option. Loft, Pipe and Extrude have options to output SubD objects. There’s probably more, I’m sure I’m forgetting something. Also, most of the Curve From Objects toolbar works on SubD objects now, wireframe, dupEdge, dupBorder, Intersect, a whole lot of them.

@enzo_molinari I’m sorry your expecting this kind of problems with Clayoo. Here are my thoughts:

@gileshg you can load the toolbar manually through Options->Toolbars->File->Open and search the file into “AppData\Roaming\TDM Solutions\ClayooRhino6\2\Resources\Toolbar” . Contact clayoo@gemvision.com for that kind of problems, they will resolve them fastest. Also contact them if you want to extend your trial by 15 days telling them your user email.

Regards,

1 Like

thank you @mpcarlos87 for your attention.
good luck with your new products!

thanks @mpcarlos87 I’ll ask that question.

@Xavi_Marrodan I have used the all python scrips doesn’t work if the Clayoo is on in Rhino WIP.

Hi @Alen_Russ, can you send us a video/image with the error or problem to clayoo@gemvision.com?

In theory Clayoo shouldn’t affect python scripts but could be something we didn’t check.

Thanks,