Circle tan tan rad fails in that order on simple L line

Hi,

It appears that even with non measled lines there is still an issue.

I replaced the vert ones with new lines.

success second attempt on 10mm rad, though it failed first try if now first two trys.
the 12mm rad one you see wont receive a circle. if I trace it with line tool and move it aside a tad, then that will receive a circle.

reason for the measles…
It was an intersection of an extruded line and the surface fill (3 or 4 curve tool) .

I had network surfaced a tailplane tip (to be found in another post here), the last portion was sweep2rail. I followed Pascals divvying up .
Pascal saw this post.

Then had to slice its end off.

resulting edge when I did dupedge had many points

(layer ‘original curve’)…so I ran FitCrv and got the red line.

It was important not to alter the curve …rebuild I found did alter the curve.

I am not happy wiith the tip that was part of sweep but I couldnt improve on it, it used two rails and point option. Wingtips etc seem to see people using this method.

Then I surfaced it. with this curve and a straight line drawn with line tool at rear edge.

I then extruded a line as a surface and intersected that line with this planar surface. never looked to see how many points it had.

But if the original curve and also FitCrv lines are based on a straight line slice through this surface, thay are planar, so why has the intersect line not just got two points as its an intersect on a planar surface ?

IS THERE A WAY OF HAVING SOME ON THE FLY INDICATION OF EXCESSIVE POINTS WHEN SELECTING A CURVE ?
source of line.3dm (276.1 KB)
Steve