Circle pattern with attractor - increasing then decreasing radii

Hi there,
So I have a pattern of circles on a 3d surface and I would like the radii of the circles to vary according to where in the surface they are. For that I have built an attractor point and I measure the distance from each center to this attractor point. It works fine, but, I would like zone ‘A’ to have bigger radii than ‘zone B’ and ‘zone C’ to graually fade away. I can get a fade from B to C but struggle to make circles grow in between in zone A (hope this makes sense, please check picture). I thought I could manage with a graph mapper but it is not quite there.

Any ideas will be appreciated,
thanks
m.

800F V11-2_for review.gh (56.8 KB)

Something like this?

800F V11-2_for review_re.gh (58.6 KB)

2 Likes

Almost, I still need bigger holes in the ‘zone B’ instead of haveing them fade away. They can’t be as big as in the center bc the surface compresses but ideally I would have a similar surface distance between circle quads (as in zone A). Hope this makes sense…
screenshot%20detail

thanks!

? so, you’ve changed your goal?

1 Like

no, I think I didn’t express myself correctly initially. Now that I read it through i see the mistake.
It goes:

• zone ‘A’ to have bigger radii than ‘zone B’ (just bc otherwise holes overlap)
  • and ‘zone C’ to graually fade away

I wonder if by moving the attractor curve closer to zone B it can be sorted

Hi,
so I’m now owrking on a similar surface-problem. I have taken your solution as a base and reworked it a little. I’m getting OK results using 2 point attractors located at the extremes of the surface (which effectively make the holes nearby smaller). However, I would like to be able to control the ‘influence range’ for each attractor point independently. Is there a way for me to split the list of points after the ‘pull point’ component? So I can control the behaviour of each attractor individually?

Hope this makes sense!
thank you
m.

2 POINT ATTRACTOR_FOR REVIEW.gh (1.9 MB)