Changing units doesn't ask to scale the model anymore?

When changing units (ft, meters, etc) in a document, it used to ask me if I wanted to scale the geometry in the document to match the new units when I wold change it? Now it doesn’t for some reason?

Original model scale in inches:

Go to units, change the type to meters, it changes properly, but now there is no prompt to scale the geometry?

Is there a way to get that dialog back? I don’t want to look up the scale factor and manually scale the whole model each time I change units? Is there a setting to bring that back? Is this some intentional change in V7.16? If so, it is not a positive change.

Environment:

• Macbook 2021, Apple M1 Max
  • OS 12.3 (Monterey)
  • Rhino Version 7 (7.16.22067.13002, 2022-03-08)

all the best,
@ed.p.may

Hi Ed - this should be fixed in 7.17 - RH-67851 DocumentProperties: Changing units did not prompt for scaling the model

-Pascal

Hi @pascal

awesome - thanks!
@ed.p.may

I am still having the same problem in rhino mac. It says I have the latest updates Rhino 7.16.

In the link above that Pascal sent it mentions a rhino 7.17 will fix it. Is this available for Mac, or is there something else to check to restore the unit/model scale change?

Thanks

Hi @A_W

At the moment, I think 7.16 is still the most recent mac version. So 7.17 just yet that I know of.

best,
-Ed

Hello- if you set Preferences > General > Updates … Update frequency to ‘Service release candidate’ you can get at the latest publicly available build.

-Pascal

Thank you @pascal Pascal, I changed to ‘service release candidate’ and that provided me a new update which solved the problem! Much appreciated