Changing ground plane height crashes Rhino 7.3

Changing ground plane height in Rendered settings crashes Rhino 7.3 every time. does now matter in what display mode etc.

Hi Rudi - that is working here - I take it it worked for you in the previous builds?

-Pascal

interesting… don’t remember having seen this issue before.
sys_info.txt (9.3 KB)

I’m not seeing this with Rhino 7.3 for Mac either here and have a very similar Mac, only the GPU is a 5600m. Can you check if disabling the plugins that don’t ship with Rhino solves it? It would be good to know which one in order to let those developers know.

these are the plugins that do not ship with rhino. but how can I deactivate them?

Hmm - you should have a sideways scroll bar at the bottom to allow you to see and set the Enabled checkboxes - it looks like the column is there at the far right of the header bar - can you slide the column to the left and see Enabled? If so, disable and quit Rhino completely and restart it.

-Pascal

oh yes, thanks!

Deactivated all of them, still crashes. However only when actually changing the height. Changing it from automatic to 0.00 works fine.

update: if the lowest point of the geometry is below 0.00, then changing ground height from Automatic to 0.00 crashes as well.
Which would mean that any manual change in ground height is crashing Rhino.

I can’t reproduce this here either. I still suspect those plugins (I wonder if the plugins are actually still getting loaded).

just tested with the newest update. It is still crashing… Anyway I can live without changing the ground plane for now… Ill try to isolate the issue further (and maybe it will be randomly fixed with a future update.)