Changing a model in Rhino for mac

I am new to rhino so this is probably a very basic question: How can I change a model in Rhino without deleting and doing it all over? Let´s say I draw a chair and I want to change the radius of a fillet, the dimension of the seat, thickness of the legs etc. I am working on my mac. I have seen that there is a direct command on the windows version of rhino where it seems it is easy to do these changes, but I cannot find it on my mac version of rhino.

I would also like to get tips on how to make several versions based on the same model changing it organically by drag, push and pull.

If there is a tutorial/ instruction video on these topics I would like to know.

Thanks!

That would most likely be BoxEdit.
http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/rhino5wincommandsnotinrhino5mac

There is no easy way of changing the radius of a fillet. That is why typically fillets are put in at the end of the design stage and a non-filleted version is kept as backup.

There are several ways of achieving that - what is easiest will depend on the specific situation. Scaling in 1, 2, or 3 dimensions can possibly be easiest.
HTH

Thanks, Wim!
I will play around with the boxedit etc.
I am used to SolidWorks and miss the history panel from there where you can go back to any feature and change it, so I have to change my logic a bit now that I am learning Rhino.

It’s a totally different way of working, yes. – Don’t give up :wink:

Note that some commands do have some form of history (when you enable it) but that is limited in that it doesn’t survive subsequent changes to the child object.

Also, if you need to do a form-finding exercise, you could build a parametric model using Grasshopper (called Explicit History in the current Rhino for Mac WIP). That way you can go back and change any parameter in any feature.

But all that boils down to your specific requirements at any given time…