Change the size proportionally

I have a question about how to change the size proportionally via BoxEdit? I saw the same question has been asked a few years ago but since than nothing changed.

Let say I have an object with 124*47 dimensions. I need to change X to 50 and Y should be recalculated automatically. Is it possible? Because when you work with a lot of different size objects and try to set X to 50 to all of them, you’ll die before you finish to recalculate Y manually.

Use _Scale for that, first pick the origin, then pick the point which is 47 units apart, then when the command asks for the second reference point, enter 50 into the commandline.

c.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I have an object with 47 mm width and I need it scale proportionally to 50 mm width. When I use your method it’s 50 times bigger rather than 50 mm.

If this happens, then you´ve entered 50 without picking the first reference point.

Example: Create a rectangle 124x47. Start _Scale command, pick the point you´ve picked first to create the rectangle, then when the command asks for the first reference point, pick the point which is 47 units away. Now the command asks for the second reference point, instead of picking anything, enter 50 to the command line.

c.

If they’re even numbers you can easily type, you can also select the object, pick the scale origin point, and then just type the ratio of the scale you want in the command line - for example typing 50/47 and Enter will scale your measured 47 units to 50 units and the rest of the object of course proportionally.

–Mitch

OMG, it’s works! But I’m shocked, you need to do 3 (!!!) actions to scale proportionally: click once, click twice, enter number. Are you kidding? Much more easier to enter number in BoxEdit with “Keep aspect ratio” checkbox on. It’s horrible…

It’s not rally easy to scale complex objects like a statue or a cloud. There no straight line you can cross over from end to end to scale it correctly. I hope “Keep aspect ratio” will appear soon… But maybe it’s hopeless, considering nothing changed since this post (1/1/2014):

Hi Alexey - The Rhino WIP has this ability added to BoxEdit:

Also, just fyi - [quote=“Alexey_Borisov, post:6, topic:36335”]
There no straight line you can cross over from end to end to scale it correctly.
[/quote]
You can always use BoundingBox (Output=Curves is most convenient) to set up scaling or moving points similar to BoxEdit.
-Pascal

That’s cool. But for now I’m evaluating V5 in trial and don’t have to access to WIP. I’m trying to understand the workflow here before to buy. And I can see a lot of useful and convenient thing but some are missing and it’s make working process is quit annoying. Like missing so simple thing like uniform scaling. It is V5 and 2016, Carl!!! ))

The V6 is looks promising, but awaiting of it is more like awaiting Half life 3 - everyone hopes, but many years have passed by )))