Change Page Layout Color from Script

Hi there,

in the Rhino Options, using the “Colors” menu entry under the “Appearance” tab one can set a color for page layouts, the name of this option is simply “Layout”. Is there any way of changing this color from a RhinoScript, or if not then possibly from RhinoCommon? The “Rhino.AppearanceColor” doesn’t seem to have an option for it.

Best,
Mathias

Hi Mathias, i think this should do it:

Rhino.ApplicationSettings.AppearanceSettings.PageviewPaperColor

greetings,
c.

1 Like

Dang, looked for that but didn’t find it as I was looking for something starting with “Layout”…
Thx, --Mitch

Absolutely, it is a labyrinth! I stumbled across this yesterday while searching for the selection color.

c.

Hi Clement and Mitch,

thanks for your help! In RhinoScript I’ve now solved my problem by invoking a command, for changing the color to white I do

Rhino.Command “_-Options _Appearance _Colors _Layout 255,255,255 _Enter _Enter _Enter”, False

Cheers,
Mathias

1 Like

Hi Mathias, sorry I´ve totaly forgotten to suggest to use Rhino.Command after i´ve not found it under Rhino.ApearanceColors. @dale could you please update the Rhino method in the future ?

thanks,
c.

Hi Clement,

no worries, thanks again for your input!

Cheers,
Mathias

I’ve added support for layout colors to RhinoScript. This update to AppearanceColor will be available in the next SR. Thanks for reporting.

Thank you Dale !
c.