Change Page Layout Color from Script

(Mathias Höbinger) #1

Hi there,

in the Rhino Options, using the “Colors” menu entry under the “Appearance” tab one can set a color for page layouts, the name of this option is simply “Layout”. Is there any way of changing this color from a RhinoScript, or if not then possibly from RhinoCommon? The “Rhino.AppearanceColor” doesn’t seem to have an option for it.

Best,
Mathias

Hi Mathias, i think this should do it:

Rhino.ApplicationSettings.AppearanceSettings.PageviewPaperColor

greetings,
c.

Dang, looked for that but didn’t find it as I was looking for something starting with “Layout”…
Thx, --Mitch

Absolutely, it is a labyrinth! I stumbled across this yesterday while searching for the selection color.

c.

(Mathias Höbinger) #5

Hi Clement and Mitch,

thanks for your help! In RhinoScript I’ve now solved my problem by invoking a command, for changing the color to white I do

Rhino.Command “_-Options _Appearance _Colors _Layout 255,255,255 _Enter _Enter _Enter”, False

Cheers,
Mathias

Hi Mathias, sorry I´ve totaly forgotten to suggest to use Rhino.Command after i´ve not found it under Rhino.ApearanceColors. @dale could you please update the Rhino method in the future ?

thanks,
c.

(Mathias Höbinger) #7

Hi Clement,

no worries, thanks again for your input!

Cheers,
Mathias

(Dale Fugier) #8

I’ve added support for layout colors to RhinoScript. This update to AppearanceColor will be available in the next SR. Thanks for reporting.

Thank you Dale !
c.