Chain physics simulation

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me in simulating chain physics with kangaroo or something similar.

I have worked with a few definitions that use collisions between interlinked meshes (example: Modeling a chain), but, due to the amount of links I want to use, I end up over-burdening the collisions and they pass through each other.

Instead, what I’m hoping to accomplish is to use curves, rather than mesh objects, wherein the “chain” maybe consists of small segments which are just connected lines/polylines, or a single control point curve, with the ability to adjust the length of the segments, and the overall radius of the chain. That way, I could run the simulation, let it settle naturally, and then use the Flow command in Rhino to apply the links after baking, since I’m hoping to apply it to multiple different busts.

I’m also hoping to be able to apply a weight to one area to simulate a pendant (which will also be applied after baking the curve). I’ve attached an image with a crude sketch to provide clarity.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this? Thank you!!

This was a recent post, may be relevent?

Beaded Bracelet Simulation in Kangaroo - Grasshopper / Kangaroo - McNeel Forum

I’ll definitely check it out, thanks for posting the link!