CGA language inside Rhinocommon

(Caglar Aydin) #1

I’m not a software engineer; however, I do know basic level python and C# syntaxes. I want to use City Engine’s CGA rules inside Rhino.

Is it possible to implement City Engine’s CGA language in Rhinocommon?

(Dale Fugier) #2

From what I understand, CGA (Computer Generated Architecture) shape grammar is a programming language integrated into CityEngine (ESRI). Thus, it won’t run in Rhino. But I might be confused…

– Dale

(Caglar Aydin) #3

Dale,
do you think it is possible to use an parser (like ANTLR) to implement CGA language in rhino common?

(Dale Fugier) #4

Keep in mind that RhinoCommon is just an API to access Rhino from .NET. So if the questions is whether or not you could build a CGA-type grammatical system in .NET that uses RhinoCommon as a foundation for geometry, attributes, display, I/O, etc, then yes you could probably do this. I say this very cautiously as I don’t know anything about CGA, other than the brief paragraph I read from the ESRI site, not do I understand the scope of work that may be involved.

(Caglar Aydin) #5

I exactly want to do that. I want to create a plugin which reads a CGA code ,and then interprets it and creates geometry according to the code inside rhino.

(Dale Fugier) #6

Sounds ambitious. :wink:

Let us know if you have any questions.

– Dale

(Caglar Aydin) #7

I have already created the parser and lexer for CGA. If anybody interested or would like to contribute please check the link below;