Center Line of solid

Hi Everybody,
I hope someone can help me.
I try to get the center line of such a solid and the thickness in Grasshopper. I would like to transfer such solids to Revit as Revit walls.
Thank you in advance for your help.
centerline

I’m changing this to the Grasshopper category for the moment.

This would require a Medial axis / Straight Skeleton solution to get the center line.

The thickness is a separate issue, easier solved once the medial line is established.

I’ve made a example with the variables you specified.

Re_SolidCenterLines.3dm (126.2 KB)

Thank you for your answer.
Could you please make an example in Grasshopper how to get the center line and thickness of these elements you show. I need this for the “Add Wall (Curve)” Component of Rhino.Inside Revit. And when I know the thickness I can choose the right wall type.
Thank you in advance.

If you look at the problem you are presenting its not very simple. Do a search for Medial Axis / Straight Skeleton, not to mention all the possible variations your files may have.

You could generate the medial lines in a semi-automated fashion pretty quickly, assign them to layers with the thickness and be into Revit shortly after.

What’s the big picture here? is this a simple floor plan you’ve modeled or 500,000 sq multi-level project?

I am not working on a specific project.
I plan to make a grasshopper document for data transfer from Rhino to Revit which should work for all the Rhino files in our Office (or at least the ones in the future). In our office the projects are started in Rhino, later when it comes to Construction drawings they are continued with Revit. That means that the building model which already exists in Rhino is done from scratch in Revit, which is a waste of time in my opinion.
So for this GH document I have to consider all variations (or at least most of them) that can be included in the Rhino model. It already works for horizontal floors (even with different thicknesses) and for rectangular and round columns (also with different sizes and different rotation angles).
I now started with the walls. It works already for single walls. But if there is such a more complicated element which I showed above then I don’t know how to do it. I already had a lot help of you Japhy to make this work so far. Thank you again for this. I will look for “Medial Axis / Straight Skeleton”.