Carry Case

Hello,

I have the following object and I am trying to create a case for it.

I am trying to encase the purple object in between the two grey blocks. The idea I had was to simply boolean it, however, I get the following result as there is a gap in between the object that would not allow me to slot the object in and out of the case.

For the object to fit in between the two blocks,

I was wondering if there is a way to approximate the shape of the purple object and somehow bridging the gap that exists in between the object, similar to a shrink wrapping so that I can finally boolean and achieve the goal?

The code (Shrink Wrap Problem.gh (10.8 KB)
) is attached with the part internalised,

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time :slight_smile:

It seems you forgot to internalise your geometry.

ShrinkWrapProblem.gh (385.3 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. I apologise for forgetting to internalise the file, but you got what I was trying to complete anyways.

Again, thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

Just curious, is that meant to contain anti-matter? :grinning:

Hey there,

@Mahdiyar What attributes / traits does the internalization of geometry and data have on Rhino and GH? When should I be internalizing and how do I?

Hi -

When you want to share your Grasshopper file with someone and you are referencing geometry in your Rhino document.
Right-click on the component that references the Rhino geometry and pick Internalize.

Also, if you are having a problem at a certain point in a large graph and ask others for help. You can then internalize Grasshopper data in a component just before the point where you have an issue and then delete all components in front of that.
-wim

Don’t forget to “Save As” before you do this :smiley:

2 Likes