Cardboard : material and structural behavior

Hi guys,
i was wandering which settings are the best to define cardboard material in karamba and then which components I should use to describe it?

Any example would be appreciated!

Thank you all!

Hi, you can use the MaterialProperties component to define the material properties for cardboard and use this as the material in Karamba. Many resources online would be able to provide with the information needed to define the properties of cardboard.

best,
Matthew

thanks!

Andrew Cripps of Buro Happold has published some general articles about cardboard construction which sets out some of the issues (without necessarily providing all the answers :wink: )
-Graham

Yes I know about his paper and research!! I really like the project in London!
Thanks graham!:smile:
I found numerous researches on the internet and on the researchgate website, the compression resistances and the laboratory tests are indicated, but I have not been able to find for example the value of the young module that I believe must be inserted in input in the karamba component

Yes and it seems the Young’s modulus is very different under short term load such as wind than under long term load such as self weight, due to creep effects.

Ahh this book contains some numbers in the Gribbon and Foerster article:

https://books.google.fr/books?id=nl1Q4DUxYnQC&pg=PA74&lpg=PA74&dq=cripps+youngs+modulus+cardboard&source=bl&ots=CGGhlSRPV7&sig=ACfU3U2xcLgJx9yFPx7oEN_a9Mo1_chGNw&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi_nL2d15HiAhULmxQKHQZBDbYQ6AEwE3oECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=cripps%20youngs%20modulus%20cardboard&f=false