Cap projected curves onto a brep

hey there, Im trying to make a design idea of a ramp going down based on tiles grid. I made a curve of the route and made it into a sweep. after it i projected the tiles into the sweep and tried to extrude and cap it. it didnt work!
anyone got an idea?

basic phython can be also used to solve this problem :slight_smile:
thank you from advanced

save for forum gh.GH (25.2 KB)

SAVE FOR FORUM_1.3dm (14.4 MB)

Why the YZ construction plane? Another thread just used an XZ construction plane - why?

Your file has two params without geometry:

P.S. You have two Sweep1 components on top of each other. The sweep surface is fouled by the relatively tight turns.

P.P.S. I got the blue bits but your sweep is too corrupted to get them all.

Voronoi_path_2022Oct24a.gh (24.9 KB)

One more attempt to reconstruct your path using HFrames and a narrower path but it’s still corrupt in the tight turns, causing SrfSplit to take 1.4 minutes! It’s ugly.

Voronoi_path_2022Oct24b.gh (35.4 KB)

This approach looks pretty cool to me. Steps are all 7.25 inches (184 milimeters). There are some places where you have a choice of 7.25" or 14.5", so railings might be needed - or some tweaking of the algorithm. The path curve is contoured and IVRay (IsoVist Ray) is used to find the top surfaces.

Voronoi_path_2022Oct24c.gh (49.7 KB)

This one has some of the same features but works very differently. The path curve is flat on the ground, the ‘Total Height’ is a parameter. The ‘dPath’ parameter (blue group) determines which Voronoi cells are used based on their distance from the path. Pretty cool! :sunglasses:

Voronoi_path_2022Oct24d.gh (53.5 KB)

Thank you for your replay is always amazing to see how those ideas could be done in anther way, which is better and totally different! :slight_smile: however my problem is that i want to creat that colorful road as an ramp, not as steps. Sorry if i wasn’t clear.

That was clear but as I said, the ramp was a corrupted surface due to its width and the tight turns.