Can't switch from one command set to another (Rhino 7)

Hello. I was a Rhino 5 user and just upgraded to Rhino 7 (Mac OS Big Sur).
I might miss something here am I doing it right? I want to use a custom Command Set but when I switch to it the command set still show the standard commands icons in the commands window.
I made a command set using the duck icon (apply custom texture) so it’s for you easier to see it’s not there visible when I switch to custom command I named “Com 2”.
Here some screenshots:

I think you need to Quit and restart.
Changes to the U/I in Mac Rhino can not be done “on the fly”.

See if Quitting Rhino and restarting results in what you expect.

I quitted Rhino even restarted my computer a few times unfortunately there is still the same result.

It’s been about a month now waiting for the solution. I guess there is not. Would this be part of bug fixes for the next update?

Apologies, I don’t know if this was ever actually filed. I have investigated it and done so now as https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-62429. In the meantime, it appears the Minimal theme will use the customized command layout but the Default theme doesn’t. The Popup toolbar will show any customizations if you want to use that instead and stay on the Default theme until this gets looked into by the developers. Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Thanks Brian it works!
Preferences / Themes / switched to Minimal. Restarted Rhino.

Received the new Mac update (Version 7 / 7.3.21053.23032, 2021-02-22)
Installed it.
The bug is still there…
You wrote “In the meantime, it appears the Minimal theme will use the customized command layout but the Default theme doesn’t.”
It works but I thought I’ll use this way around till the bug is fixed. I would like to not use the Minimal theme forever. I miss the “normal” theme it’s more practical.

Yes, the bug is still Open. I commented on it to let the developer know you asked about it again.

1 Like

Hi Brian, many updates but the bug remains. Do you think it will be ever fixed or there is no interest from the developer?

Sorry, it looks like this isn’t something the developers can fix in Rhino 7 and they hope to make larger changes to solve the issue in v8. https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-62429