Can't set points in Z axis despite universal planes

Reason why I’m using universal planes is to use the object axis’ can anybody tell me how to get the world axes “straigt” - thanks! H

You have “Align to World” selected, so “Set Z” will set to the World Z coordinates, not the CPlane Z plane (unless the CPlane coordinates align with the World coordinates.)

Universal construction planes means that changing the CPlane in one viewport also changes it the other viewports. It does not affect the World coordinate system.

You can’t change the World coordinate system. You can only rotate and move objects to a new position and orientation in the World coordinate system.

Universal construction planes

See also: SynchronizeCPlanes.

The behavior of the construction planes in the viewports is linked. They all share the same origin and are positioned normal to each other. Moving, rotating, or otherwise changing the construction plane in one viewport, changes the construction planes in the other viewports, so the 90-degree/right angle/normal orientation of the construction planes is maintained.

If a construction plane is defined in some view, the Front view for example, and Universal mode is enabled, then the construction plane that was defined will be the Front plane of the new universal plane.

@davidcockey thanks for you indepth reply!
The behavior of the construction planes in the viewports is linked. They all share the same origin and are positioned normal to each other. Moving, rotating, or otherwise changing the construction plane in one viewport, changes the construc
[/quote]
Why is this not a feature to check within Universal CPs?? Would be handy in this and many other cases… otherwise SetPoints won’t work for me in this situation. Maybe it could be build into SetPoints as a checkbox

Make the CPlanes with the z axis as desired. Then use SetPt with “Align to CPlane coordinates” selected.