Can't get the Download!

I recently tried to download the Evolute-Lite from “food4rhino.com” and “www.evolute.at/software/evolutetools-for-rhino.html” website, and the download just doesn’t start. Does anybody have a link to the Evolute_Lite tools? Thank you

RT

so this doesn’t work ; http://www.food4rhino.com/project/evolutetools-lite?ufh

Are you signed in?

…I tried it again, and I left windows alone for awhile, and it seemed to
have finally started the download. thank you for the reply.

rt​

Glad you got it, I am downloading, but it is 205MB, so I couldn’t have sent it by email :smile:

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will fix the broken link asap, in the meanwhile please download from here: http://www.evolute.at/software-en/evolutetools-for-rhino

Alex

thanks much for the help,

rt

Hi, I had just downloaded ET from food4rhino and it consists of 2 files, ET 64bit in .msi and the other one for Mac. I tried to install it but it keeps saying that Rhino 5 64bit has not been installed in my computer, which is of course not true. Am I doing anything wrong?

Hi, the EvoluteTools installer checks for Rhino in the windows registry, it looks for entry Default Plug-ins Folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Install. If it does not find that (which should mean that Rhino 5.0 x64 is not installed), the installer tells you that Rhino 5 64bit must be installed before installing this product. Is this precisely the message you get?

Yes, thats the exact message. Although I actually managed to find it in the same registry address you mentioned above. Slightly different: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software*Wow6432node*\McNeel\Rhinoceros*5.0**Plug-ins*

Many thanks for your feedback. The Wow6432node means you have Rhino 5 32 bit installed on a 64-bit Windows. In order to check please go to Help -> About Rhinoceros. For 64 bit Rhino you should see this:

You’re welcome. This is what I saw instead: Version 5 SR9 64-bit
(5.9.40609.20145, 6/9/2014)

This is very strange. If I understand correctly you have Rhino 5 64bit installed, but the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Install does not exist? I will have to ask someone from McNeel about that.

Exactly hahaha, thank you for being really helpful

Did you install Rhino in some special way?

That I don’t really know. The laptop that im using was owned by my brother and it had multiple software installed, including rhino, when he gave it to me. Should I get a new one and reinstall instead?

It seems to me that your Rhino installation is broken. You could try to reinstall or repair your Rhino installation.

I’ll try that, thank you

Now this is kinda weird: I tried to uninstall but I can’t even find it in the control panel :confused:

Could you solve your Rhino installation problem?

I reinstalled rhino and everything works just fine now! thank you