Can't delete GH elements

I’m having weird problem.
I’m running WIP on bootcamp and I can’t delete any of the grasshopper elements from canvas. Backspace works well for deleting in Rhino.

The Delete key doesn’t work? How about Ctrl+X?

Yep, Control+X does it.
It temporarily helps. Thanks

Since you’re running on Bootcamp, do you have a Delete key at your disposal?

Not at all. I’m having newest MacBook Pro. There is no Delete key but the one with sort of an arrow pointing left.
Sorry for dumb description, I am a PC guy.

Maybe just close the programm and restart.

fn+Backspace? That is what I use.

Yep, it works too, but it would be nice to use one finger only to do such basic action.

Yep, it works too, but it would be nice to use one finger only to do such basic action.

I think that comes with the Boot Camp territory.

You could try an External keyboard?

This happens frequently especially when heavy load occurs (never bothered to replicate a typical case, mind). Closing and reopening GH does the trick

We are having the same problem in Windows with Rhino5. All the input goes to Rhino instead of Grasshopper.

this could be fixed just by editing the shortcut delete, but why doesn’t allow backspace key?

2 Likes

There is the same issue as of today. Was someone able to fix it?

Press function key (if you have one) and delete.

same issue on Rhino 7, grasshopper doesn´t support Backspace as Delete…

My issue was having the caps lock on!

Same issue as of today… pressing delete key when in active GH window activates Delete command in Rhino.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue in RIR, Revit 2022- pressing delete key when in active GH window activates Delete command in Rhino.

Can confirm that re-starting Revit and RIR solves this- but that is a very inconvenient prospect during a deadline rush.

Hi Mgb228, If this is something we can reproduce please post the details in a new post in the Rhino.Inside.Revit Forum Category. Thanks