Cannot get view changes to stick - pops back to default

I use the Properties form, navigate to the Shaded View settings, change the background to black and my colored point cloud looks much better. I save the result to a file and the default grey background of the Shaded View reappears. Doing practically anything else also causes the default to reappear.

WHY IS THIS?

How do I get my change to the Shaded View to stick? Should I use another view?

Regards,
Terry.

Hi Terry - the background reappears when? As you exit Options, or on closing and reopening Rhino, or?

-Pascal

Saving the current document to a file causes the Shaded View background color to return to the default (a grey color). It should not be complicated to reproduce this. Or else it is just my machine. Tessellation is off since I have no graphics card just the Intel on-chip graphics processor.

Regards,
Terry.

Hi Terry - so on your system the Save command forces the display mode to revert, in the current Rhino session, to the default gray background, correct?

-Pascal

Now it seems to have stopped changing the Shaded View background from the black I set in Properties when I do a save. Apparently focus on the problem makes it go away.

The much bigger problem I am having with Rhino 6 Beta is a 10x increase in the execution time when trying to color a mesh using a Python script. Sometimes it runs in 89 sec, others 890 sec. I documented this in 4x Variation in Execution time of rs.EvaluateSurface under Rhino 6 Developer. It was 4X but now I am seeing 10X. The results of the long 890 sec calculation are numerically the same as with the short 89 sec time. These times are for a more complicated version of the script I put in 4x Variation in Execution time of rs.EvaluateSurface using more calls to this function.

Please follow the instructions I included in my post 4x Variation in Execution time of rs.EvaluateSurface and let me know what you find. I tried the same Python script in Rhino 5 and it runs faster but still has a 2X variation in time; for 700 max_v it requires from 5.3 to 11.1 sec in Rhino 5 while in Rhino 6 it is much slower showing 13 to 55 sec. So the variability problem exists in both Rhino’s but Rhino 6 is much worse on 2 counts, its at least 2X slower and on top of this, slows down another 4X.

For rapid, repeated evaluation of the Python script, I bring it up in the Python editor, click in the editor window so it gets focus, and then press the F5 key.

It has been many days with no help on this very serious problem.

Regards,
Terry.

I wasn’t able to see the same numbers you are experiencing between v5 and v6. Maybe @pascal can? Rhino 6 Beta > 20X slower than Rhino 5. But now fixed and is 100X faster