Can someone please try make this object less detailed/(ram hungry)(so that it runs better when using more than one in the same scene)

unhandled

(S3656645) #1

Hi Guys,

I have a task where i have to creates forms out of hundreds of the components attached, the only problem is that the file size for each component is too big so that when i try use hundreds of them together it pretty much crashes. If anyone could have a go in making the objects less ram hungry it would be beyond appreciated.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:Component files.3dm (6.0 MB)

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hello - what is the goal for these? will they be made as objects, via 3d print, or rendered or? Certainly you can Rebuild the blobs to a much, much lower point count and come out ahead - I’d do this before intersecting and combining them-

I think this was degree 5 by 5 and maybe 12 by 18 points - something like that.

-Pascal

(S3656645) #3

Thanks so much, its for both rendering and 3D printing, it worked perfectly for the two single shapes but for the big shape with holes in it etc, is there a way to rebuild that one? doesn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

(Pascal Golay) #4

Hello - as I mentioned, I’d rebuild all the blobs and then combine them - Untrim the combined ones, Rebuild and then cut them up and join them afterwards, however it is you’re doing that.

-Pascal

(S3656645) #5

Oh i see what your saying, is there a way to re create the combined blobs to a decently accurate level? i tried untrimming them but that didnt seem to do anything. Thanks for your help