Can someone please try make this object less detailed/(ram hungry)(so that it runs better when using more than one in the same scene)

Hi Guys,

I have a task where i have to creates forms out of hundreds of the components attached, the only problem is that the file size for each component is too big so that when i try use hundreds of them together it pretty much crashes. If anyone could have a go in making the objects less ram hungry it would be beyond appreciated.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:Component files.3dm (6.0 MB)

Hello - what is the goal for these? will they be made as objects, via 3d print, or rendered or? Certainly you can Rebuild the blobs to a much, much lower point count and come out ahead - I’d do this before intersecting and combining them-

I think this was degree 5 by 5 and maybe 12 by 18 points - something like that.

-Pascal

Thanks so much, its for both rendering and 3D printing, it worked perfectly for the two single shapes but for the big shape with holes in it etc, is there a way to rebuild that one? doesn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hello - as I mentioned, I’d rebuild all the blobs and then combine them - Untrim the combined ones, Rebuild and then cut them up and join them afterwards, however it is you’re doing that.

-Pascal

Oh i see what your saying, is there a way to re create the combined blobs to a decently accurate level? i tried untrimming them but that didnt seem to do anything. Thanks for your help