Can not uninstall WIP due to can not find temporary install file

Hi guys,
The WIP had expired and I downloaded the new build, but I can not install it.

So how do I uninstall the WIP when the install file that was automatically stored in the temporary folder is gone? (I clean up the computer every now and then)

Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Uninstall - RhinoWIP?

FWIW, They clean up themselves as well. There are only 2 of each version (RH5, RH5-64bit, WIP) that stay in place at any given time.

I am installing the latest version:
rhino_en-us_6.0.15286.10591.msi

And this is what happens:

Then this:

And I get the same issue if I try to uninstall WIP manually. The uninstaller want’s the installer file that no longer is located in the temp folder for the webbrowser I once used to download the install file.

I can not locate the install file and when I click “Cancel” I get this:

And then it rolls back and gives this report:

I guess I would remove all the stuff I could under program files, appdata and programdata, then go into the registry and remove everything you can find that has to do with 6.0:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0
C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0
C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0

maybe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\EventLog\McNeel\McNeel Update Service (version 6.0)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\EventLog\McNeel\Rhino 6

–Mitch

Thanks, I had removed most, and now removed the rest, but still no luck. Rhino WIP installer finds some old traces in the installer and requires it to remove the old installation. And when it can’t find it it terminates the installation and removes the installed files. I guess we need McNeel help here.

Hello Holo,
I know, it has been 2 years, but do you remember the solution for this issue? I am struggling the same thing right now.

Thanks
Petr

Oh shoot, I should have posted back when I got it working… I think I just manually cleaned up the registry and deleted all files on the machine in the folders for “my user”, all users, programdata and app data. (to go to the appdata folder you just type in %appdata% as the path in (file)explorer.

Good luck and please report back if you get it working!

YEP!

I got it, meanwhile I found another thread with description and this link. I had to use a microsoft’s uninstall fix to be able delete everything.

Thank you
Petr