Can kangaroo stimulate this model

I created this physical model with 4-way stretch fabric in a square frame. As you can see, the fabric covers the surface with tension. By joining two surfaces with a tread point, it creates this form.

I am a beginner in grasshopper, I have tried kangaroo tutorial that demonstrates tensile surface.
the difference is the tensile surface anchor the points

and what I try to do here, the frame of the surface should hold the tension.

any suggestion? It would be nice you could give more details if you have any idea. I just started learning it yesterday, so I don’t have a lot of experience. I will appreciate it!

Would be easier to help if you post the gh file with internalized geometry. But to start with, you should change the anchor points to all the naked vertices of the mesh (the outermost vertices). I believe that should give you the desired outcome

Thank you Adwait,
so far I followed this tutorial and created this

currently, since I haven’t figured out how to give all the edges of the mesh strength, it created such weird shape.

changing the anchor points to all the naked vertices of the mesh seems like a good idea to try, I haven’t encountered a tutorial that demonstrates this. Would you mind leaving some notes on how you would do it in the screenshot? or sharing some references? thank you so much!

Can you post the gh file with the internalized surface?

On this forum, it is common practice to post your gh file with internalized data. This saves a lot of time for the people trying to help you and you will also get your solution faster. If you are worried about your intellectual property, you can only post the relevant parts of the script with internalized data.

You can have a look at this link on how to post effective questions:

test 1.gh (17.8 KB)
here is the gh file, thank you for reviewing

thank you Adwait, I will look through the reference you shared!

Hi, i can’t see your surface, you need to internalize it and then post the new file for next time.

For now you can start with this:
test 1.gh (14.7 KB)

But I think @DanielPiker has answered your whole question

1 Like

stimulate or simulate?

4 Likes

tensile_pts.gh (16.1 KB)

1 Like

thank you Adwait for directing me to the detailed instruction, will do the internalize next time :slight_smile:
thank you for your gh file, will try it out!

Thank you Daniel, your image is what I hope to create, will try it out!
appreciate it!

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for demonstrating this. I followed your steps in GH file and notice there are several dashed lines, I wonder what is the operation there. Also, when I created the mesh, I dont have as many as control points as your file did. How do you get them?
Thank you for your patience and time in advance :slight_smile:

test 2.gh (13.1 KB)

simulate*

Hi @frankiebingxinyu

The dashed lines represent data trees.
see some tutorials on data trees here:

For the number of control points on the mesh, you can change the input to ‘Level’ on the Refine component.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation of dashed line, and the tutorials of data trees.
One thing I noticed in your GH file, after the mesh connected to the refine, the defined values changed. When I followed this step, it did not change in my file. Did I miss anything?

thank you !