Can I change this display color? If so, where?

A simple set rendered in Raytraced. Not liking the lavender on the back sides that shows up in this display option. Any way to change it?

Hello - I’d guess that is coming from the environment - what is that, the default Studio or?

-Pascal

I’m pretty sure it would be default as I’ve never played with environments. Don’t know were to find them. These is my RT settings.

Hello- the environment is set in the Environment or Rendering panel. (Panels menu)

-Pascal

My environment panel settings. I did not apply any materials or textures to the walls. They are gray in other display options, but turn lavender in RT. Where would I play to make them gray?

@CalypsoArt Can you post 3dm file for just some of the walls that show the lavender?

Those walls look like they have a different material on. Same goes for a bit on the outside of the ground block in the entrance hallway, facing the viewer. Also, not the entire wall is that different color, bits are greyish.

edit: actually, maybe you have an extra light in your scene that casts this purplish light.

1 Like

That’s what I’m guessing, if it is not the HDR. @CalypsoArt - please make a copy of this file, delete all the geometry that is not public and post the rest… or send the file to tech@mcneel.com with a link back here.

-Pascal

Attached is the light info and the file.

Model
OFFICE_SET.3dm (12.2 MB)

Hello - open the Rendering panel and click on ‘Reset to defaults’. Then, if needed, turn off the ground plane.

-Pascal

@CalypsoArt
I just opened the Sun panel, unchecked sun ‘On’ no lavender.
Time shown is probably the culprit:
snap00%2010-24-2019

edit: watch the scene while you ‘play’ the time slider.

:ok_hand: