Can a Macbook air 2020 with M1 and 8GB RAM run Rhino 7?

Hi and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but, can a 2020 Macbook Air run Rhino 7?
Thanks a lot

Hi -
You will be able to run Rhino 7 on that machine, yes.

There are a number of threads on this forum discussing the performance of machines running the M1 chip that you might want to review.
I found one discussing the MacBook Air but I have no idea if that is the same model…

-wim

1 Like

That’s good news. Will try ASAP

I’m running a 2020 M1 Air with 16 GB RAM and it works. It is NOT as fast as my 2020 iMac with 10 core i9, 64 GB and AMD Radeon Pro. That said, the Air runs wireframe FAST, it runs Shaded ok, Rendering works, but, you don’t want to work in that mode. For a cool running laptop, not too shabby!

Brian G. R. Hughes
Chairman & Director R&D
Insolia®/HBN Shoe, LLC

Maintain Physical Distance & Social Connection
The internet was made for this

The information contained herein is confidential and may also contain privileged attorney-client information or work product. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by telephone, and destroy the original message and any copies thereof in whatever medium stored.

1 Like