Calculating the distance between circular closed curves on a 3D surface

Hello all,

I have been able to get a circular pattern onto a 3D surface. Now, I am trying to test how close each circle is to the next one. If the distance is less than 5 mm, I would like to eliminate those particular circles from the list and highlight the ones that are being eliminated.

I have attached the code for your consideration and any help would be wonderful.

Thank you so much for your time.

Question.gh (257.2 KB)

can not open

I apologies, its my mistake. Let me simplify it and re-attach the file.

Thank you again

Question 1.1.gh (4.2 MB)

Your definition will run if you put a Data Dam after the solver to prevent downstream processing until the solver is converged.

Question 1.1_230613a.gh (228.0 KB)

-Kevin

2 Likes

This is amazing, it works perfectly.

Thank you so much

I was just wondering if the following would be possible.

I have thickened the surface towards the inside and was wondering if I could somehow apply a different fillet value for the curves with a distance value below 5 mm and above 5 mm.

Thank you so much for your time.

Question 1.2.gh (252.0 KB)

Fillet radius here is based on distance to nearest neighbor.

Question 1.2_230616a.gh (148.5 KB)

Used offsets and splits to avoid the processing time of solid boolean operations but it still takes a minute to complete. Only plug-in used is Kangaroo2 but uses a couple of single line C# scripts.

-Kevin

3 Likes

Wow Kevin, This is so amazing. I think I understand the flow but I will go through each step in detail. But honestly, this is an exceptional approach and saves so much processing time. This is absolutely brilliant.

Thank you so much once again! Have a wonderful day.

Hello Kevin,

I actually wanted to look at the fillet for the inner side by myself, but I seem to be struggling with this prospect. I am unable to isolate the area where the fillets for the inner edges would be. You have already done so much, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much for you time