C# scripting component on Mac

Did you find any solution yet?

@jmcherem, @zhuangjia777, @ma.abdel.mohsen
I just write my functions, classes or persistent variables on the second white area. It works the same as in windows.

1 Like

Thank you for your Reply! Yes. I solved it.

But quit using it for now. Reasons like Filipe_Brandao said about the problem, hopefully there will be improvements, the embedded text editor is after all easier to develop than the VS environment.

I suspect that Rhino on the mac is using the macOS standard script editor. The one that allows you to write scripts in javascript and applescript. I also find it easier to use the script editor to test quick stuff, but the lack of breakpoints and all the reasons I previously mentioned make any medium/large project almost impossible to manage.

I’m not using the Mac version, but you also cannot set breakpoints in the Windows version of the C# Script Component!

However, you can write a custom plugin in Visual Studio and when you run Rhino with your debuggable library, you simply attach the debugger to the Rhino process. This allows you to set breakpoints and any modern IDE should allow you to do this!

It is also possible to use Visual Studio Code to write code and than you compile that from another script component in GH.
Somehow like I did here, just slightly adapted to make it work on Mac:

The limitation of VSCode is, that (at least I don’t know how) to attach the debugger to it. But Intellisense is working very well.

I know that and I didn’t say it was possible to set breakpoints in windows.
I was just saying I move to Visual Studio when I need to do something a bit more involved or I need breakpoints to debug something. But I like your approach.