C# Script editor - Properties dropdown for Rhino.Geometry namespace on Rhino for Mac

I am still a beginner and would like to see the properties of some namespaces or classes as a dropdown. Unfortunately, I only have a Rhino for Mac and with my school’s lab inaccessible I can’t get my hands on the Win version of Rhino.
Is there any way to toggle this? Or do I need to install any library or assembly?
Help is appreciated thanks

I have no idea about mac and how well the autocomplete works, but I could imagine, that the pop-up is just not showing because of the previous syntax errors (the brackets for the point are missing, and A is usually the output variable…)

What happens when you write the following?

Point3d pt = new Point3d(); 
pt.

Sometimes also closing/reopening, maximizing, restarting grasshopper etc. helps to fix this.

Autocomplete for C# on Mac has not been implemented yet.

2 Likes

Thank you Steve for letting me know. I thought I was missing something. I only pray to the McNeel gods that they bring this soon. :mask:

Hi Steve,
Just wanted to follow up on this as this is the most wanted feature for the Rhino Mac. Any imminent plan for implementation? Thanks, W

We have C# code completion running in a prototype component. It shouldn’t be too long.

Oh, that’s great news! When do you expect it? Is it coming with a new SR for Rhino 6 or with Rhino 7 official release? Anyways, can’t wait to see it implemented… !

It will be in an early v7 service release.

Hi Alain,

I see there was a new SR for Rhino 7.0 Mac, and I still don’t see the new c# scripting editor. Do you have ETA for this?

Thanks,

Woojae

It will be in 7.2

Very good to hear. Thanks,

I see it integrated with SR2 Release Candidate 1 and it works quite well!

Two comments if I may,

1. when overriding popup shows up, up/down arrow keys do not change overriding options - it could be much better to use arrow keys rather than clicking on the small icons.

2. still wrong line number in out tab

Thanks,
W

1 Like

Hi, We are aware of those 2 problems and have them logged.
Thank you for the feedback.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing it fully implemented. -W

@Alain @stevebaer, regarding autocomplete: It works fine with native C# and Rhino / Grasshopper Methods, not however when I am using third party .dll / plugins, for example Kangaroo.
Is this sth that you are still working, or is there something that I have to activate/install first?

Thanks a lot,
Rudi

Hi Rudi,
These components are being completely reworked for Rhino 8 and code completion for referenced assemblies is part of the update.

1 Like

That’s great to hear!
All the best for the development :100: