Building Multipipe with ellipse cross-section

Hi All,

I am trying to build a multipipe model with ellipse cross-section, but I don’t know how to change the control radius.
Does anyone know how to build a model like the first picture?

Thanks.

Ellipse_cross_section.gh (9.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi @veenzhou

Here’s a way of approaching this:

Ellipse_cross_section2.gh (18.7 KB)

3 Likes

This helped me a lot, thank you very much!
By the way, I found that radius control of multipipe in GH has little error with actual radius, real R = defined R*1.041667 (I am not very sure. Just have a simple test).

Hi @veenzhou

The input value will be the maximum radius of the pipe (away from the nodes, obviously it gets thicker there to make the smooth blend).

See this reply for more info

The issue mentioned in the above post about naked ends not having the correct radius was fixed a few service releases ago.

Was your test on a single line segment though? I just checked and it looks this radius fix still isn’t applied when the input is literally just a single line (though I imagine this is unlikely to matter in practical use, since if the input is just an isolated line, then you would use a simple cylinder instead of multipipe).
If you include more than one segment in your test, you should see the correct maximum radius.

The radius control did not fit well may be caused by the version.
I am trying to build a respiratory tract using GH, multipipe really helped me a lot.
Thank you very much!

2 Likes