Bugged view using Layout

Hi @John_Brock,

yes, I still have the issue.

so, to see the problem,

1. open the attached Rhino file (R7_BUG_01.3dm)
  2. go to layout (Pagina 1) - (image 01)
  3. duplicate the side view - (image 02)
  4. under properties set a name for the duplicated view, for example “A-A_up” - (image 03)
  5. go back to model view, select the cutting plane, activate it only for “A-A_up” layout view - (image 04)
  6. go to layout and… BAM, for me all views are bugged - (image 05) - and also going back to model view - (image 06)
    I’ve also uploaded R7_BUG_02.3dm which is bugged for me

The spec of my PC are in previous post, and if I try to open the bugged file (R7_BUG_02.3dm) in any other version of Rhino (also R5) or other PC with different spec, the issue remain.

R7_BUG_01.3dm (3.4 MB)
R7_BUG_02.3dm (3.3 MB)

I can not duplicate this in Rhino V7.
Here’s a screenshot after following your instructions and turning on the Cutting place for the copied, named Detail:

In this situation, using Pen display mode, try to disactivate the “edge” visualization

Again, the displays seem correct here in a Layout using Pen display in the Details, and the cutting plane.
Turning edges off in the pen display give me a display that isn’t very useful, but I think it’s doing what it is designed to do.

Perhaps instead of focusing on the tool controls, can you describe or show the display effect you’re trying to get?
That may or may not be possible with the working display modes. You may need to use actual renderings to get the display you need.