[BUG?] 'Zoom All Extents' not working anymore on layouts

Hi,

I just noticed that the command ‘Zoom All Extents’ won’t work anymore on the layouts. I’m pretty sure it was the case in v6: by running the command, all pages used to fit the available space on the screen…

EDIT: just tested in v6, it works as expected. This is definitely a regression.

Version info:
Rhino 7 SR6 2021-5-4 (Rhino 7, 7.6.21124.09001, Git hash:master @ 1a9a92254a9f347268c4c9c7f2dec50bcd90215e)
License type: Commercial, build 2021-05-04

Hi -

The problem with how it worked in Rhino 6 is that running ZEA in model space would mess up the views on layouts. ZEA works in Rhino 7 but is per-layout.
Further reading: RH-48834
-wim

Hi @wim,

Thanks for your clarification.
But that sounds quite unfortunate. When working on dozens of layouts/drawings, at some point each layout gets in different zoom levels/states, which makes the review and comparison (navigation back and forth with Ctrl+Tab) of the drawings not so handy.

In the past, by running ZEA, all pages were nicely zoomed and centered on the layout space at once. Now, you have to select each layout page and run ZEA.

I understand that running ZEA in model space shouldn’t mess the layouts, but perhaps a separate option / command would be welcome here, which only acts on the layouts.