Bug with rhinoscriptsyntax Arc helper functions

In Rhino 8 SR1 (8.1.23325.13001, 2023-11-21), rhinoscriptsyntax’s Arc helper functions seem to all raise a TypeError due to the TryGetArc function (TypeError: No method matches given arguments for Curve.TryGetArc: (<class 'float'>)). This can be resolved by not passing in Rhino.RhinoMath.ZeroTolerance, which seems to be redundant according to the RhinoCommon API.

I haven’t tried the Circle helper functions, but I suspect they might exhibit a similar issue.

What are these functions? Can you provide a code snippet that doesn’t work?

Are you using Python 2 or 3?

Thanks,

– Dale

I’m using CPython 3. The functions that don’t seem to be working are ArcAngle, ArcCenterPoint, ArcMidPoint, ArcRadius, CircleCenterPoint, CircleCircumference, CircleRadius (they’re all that I tested). The TryGetArc and TryGetCircle functions work just fine with no parameters which defaults the tolerance to RhinoMath.ZeroTolerance, but seemingly when that zero tolerance is passed in manually, the break.

Here’s a snippet that can recreate the issue.

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

arc = rs.GetObject("Select an arc")

# Fails due to TypeError: No method matches given arguments for Curve.TryGetArc: (<class 'float'>)
print(rs.ArcAngle(arc))
# Substituting in any of the other methods outlined also results in the same error

Hi @Russell_Newton,

Thanks - I’ve logged the issue.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-78917

– Dale