Bug with box texture mapping

I’ve been running into an issue that seems to be apparent in only one of my rhino files where the texture becomes very hazy and blurry when I go to apply a box map to any object. Manually changing the UV values to surface texture map seems to work fine most of the not but not always. I’ve attached images showing the issue I am running into along with the properties of texture mapping on the left-hand side. When I create a new rhino file and copy the objects from the corrupt file to the new one, the issue affects the new objects like it’s a bug that is attached to the objects themselves not the file. I would appreciate some insight as to what I could do to alleviate this issue as restarting and remodeling everything in the file is out of the question.

As you can see, when the texture mapping type changes to box it will pixelized the texture and will not change back until I delete the box map that was applied.

hi @Allaa_Abdelsaid can you send the model so we can investigate? You can send the model here with a link back to this thread, thanks. After sending pls leave a note in this thread as well.

I’ve sent my model in; thanks for looking into this

The texture garbling happens because the model is very far from world origin. If you move it closer to world origin the texture will draw as expected.

1 Like