Bug: text scaling not working inside a vaAnnotation with GH

Hello!
Got this simple GH script:

test GH vaText.gh (3.5 KB)

When putting it into a vaAnnotation object, the height parameter does not work. The text always remains the same height. In the GH script, it works, though.
test GH vaText.3dm (51.6 KB)

Bug?
Thanks for looking into this!

Hi @Eugen,

This is a known bug, and it has been fixed in VisualARQ 2.12, which will be released in about two weeks.

We can send you a WIP installer if you want to test this issue.

Thanks,

Enric

Thank you, that would be great!

Btw., is this the release where section hatches with worksessions function?

Is your generous offer still standing? =D
Thanks!

Hi @Eugen,

Sorry!! I read your message during the weekend and I forgot to send you the link. I’m going to send you it now.

And yes, this version includes support for worksession. Real-time plan and section viewports will show section attributes on objects that are in a non-active document. Plan and sections views won’t show objects of non-active documents yet. I’m still working on that part…

Regards,

Enric

1 Like

Hello! This looks promising!

The section line is not part of the villa file, of course.
However, I added a layout detail, and activated the section there → instant crash.

Something else:
It could make sense if section lines inside files loaded into the worksession would be listed in the section panel, and thus could be activated. Do you think this is doable?
Thanks!

Hi @Eugen,

I’ve fixed some bugs related to worksessions after I sent you the last build. But I’ll try to reproduce the crash activating a section on a layout.

Regarding enabling sections on non-active documents, this is doable, sure, but it requires some work in the UI panel. Let me check if it could be done for 2.12.

Enric

1 Like

Hi @Eugen,

I cannot reproduce the crash when a section is activated in a detail.

Did you report the crash to McNeel?
Do you have the DMP file?
Can you reproduce it?

Thanks,

Enric

Hello!
It seems to be a problem with worksessions in general. When I attach a file, switch to layout space, and enter a detail, the attached file’s ‘main’ layer is greyed out (which it shouldn’t be). When I leave the detail again, Rhino crashes to desktop.
Will try to make it reproducable.
Thanks!

All layers in the attached documents should be always greyed out. This is the normal Rhino’s behavior with reference layers.

Enric

Are you sure?
When I attach a file, the ‘parent’ layer is always on by default. The sublayers visibility is taken from the file. Looks like so when I attach the villa in model space:

But besides that, Rhino became extremely fragile when working in layout details with attached files. Some bug must have been introduced in one of the most recent versions, because it was ok before that.

Just had another crash to desktop. Can you repro this:

• attach the villa (or any other) file in model space
  • go to layout space, activate the detail
  • switch it to perspective
  • deactivate the detail again (doubleclick)
    → crash.

This might be unrelated to VisualArq… dunno.
Thanks!

Hi @Eugen,

I’ve finally reproduced the crash. It was a problem in the WIP build of VisualARQ 2.12 when a database was attached as a worksession document. It was It’s already fixed.

I’ll send you an updated installer in a few minutes!

Thanks,

Enric

1 Like

Thanks!! Running smoothly the whole day.