Bug? Shearing in Perspective along Z(et)

exhibited here in this simple object, i would like to shear along ZET (why do Americans call it C anyway? just confuses everybody).

it just quits after selecting the reference point… works in any other viewport.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-25 um 15.00.39

1.3dm (29.0 KB)

It’s not “C” (as in “See”) but ZEE. BTW, the British do say “ZED” for “Z”.

Y do Germans say “Üpsilon” ?

Hello - shearing is CPlane based, if you put your two axis points on top of one another, there is no axis possible.

-Pascal

so how does one distinguish it then, does one vibrate the s in ZZzZzzZZzzeee more? :smiley:
i would believe Z is from Zeta, so it makes sense to call it Zed, in German we also say ZeTT which is more like the origin.

i read somewhere briefly that Americans had the need for independency and calling it Zeee is one of the results… goodness… ok enough ami bashing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

maybe a similar reason why its called Ípsilon in new Greek? i honestly dont know. but, specifically dealing with geometric data, Zed definitely helps more than calling it ABZee.

i think that is just a matter of how the userinterface correlates.
from the front view i do nothing else than placing 2 points over each other, just in perspective view it would not permit this action, forcing me to switch to the front view for selecting it…

Hello- please pay attention to how the points relate to the CPlane in each case.

-Pascal

it is not useful to abandon perspective view for such a simple task. no matter how one would have to relate it to the cplane, it is an interface limitation.

it should be possible making the alignment in regards of where the pointer is and tilting into the direction relational to the screen?

Hello- try
! _CPlane _View _Shear _MultiPause _Cplane _Undo

-Pascal

ok, but it is not what i had in mind, i thought shearing along the regular axis, view will not help here. but please dont cook up something else, its more the general fact, that in such situations it seems Rhino would need a little overhaul.

…in native Portuguese there is no k, w, or y , although they appear in imported words

Regards
Rodolfo Santos