BUG: Selecting font with more than two words doesn't work

We have a font called URW DIN that we use for most of our drawing material, the problem is that we can only select versions of the font with two or less words in the title. So for example: URW DIN Black becomes just URW DIN. Verdana Pro Cond Black becomes Verdana Pro.

Hi Roi, I guess you mean this happens when text is used by some VisualARQ object, (like a “Tag”), right?
We will review this and get back to you.

Just found a bug that I’m decently certain is Rhino related that might be related to this issue: BUG: Font changes when selecting text

Thanks for the note.

Hi Francesc, is there any news on this case? It’s really frustrating and creating a workflow where we have to explode the Spaces to get the font that we want to use.

Hi Roi,
This issue is Rhino related. I think it is fixed in the SR14. You can follow it up here: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-50733

The issue is fixed, yes, and the release target is SR13.
The final SR13 should be right around the corner - unless some last-minute thing has prevented that from happening…

2 Likes

Hi Wim, I’m afraid that the issue is back now. I haven’t noticed until recently, but I’ve seen it on both SR16 and SR17. The selecting and deselecting does not change the font anymore, but I’m seeing the same issue within VisualARQ.

This might be unrelated, but I’m also seeing some funny things regarding spaces when printing. The text becomes black, even though both display and print colors are by layer and the layer is dark grey.

When saving something funny happens with Spaces:

@wim @fsalla

Do you guys also see this issue? I can see it on all of our machines.

Hi Roi,
I can’t reproduce these issues. And I’m testing it with some of the models you sent me recently. Is this happening on all your files or only to that one from the gif? If it’s only in that one, please send it to visualarq@asuni.com, because I think I don’t have it.

Yeah it happens across all of our files. Do the space names print gray with your files?

Do you have the URW DIN fonts installed? I can email you a .zip of them otherwise.

Hi Roi, I don’t have that Font, so if you can share it I’ll test it just in case is relevant to this issue.
On the other hand, the space label prints grey in some of your models I have, because the print color is set by Display, which is set by Layer, which is gray. So it works as expected.