[BUG?] Rhinoscriptsyntax forgetting some functions after instaling RH6 WIP

Hi there!

I’ve noticed how after installing the last RH06 WIP (Windows 10 here) I’m losing some rhinoscriptsyntax functions (per instance rs.GetInteger()). I don’t know if it’s directly related to the WIP installation but somthing about it seams to be involve in this mystery.

The thing is that after rebooting everything works fine and after a while some commands that I’ve create using Python start raising errors because:

Traceback:
  line 13, in RunCommand, "C:\Users\Ángel\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\PythonPlugins\PFC {4b8b83b1-16e6-44c0-8c33-9d9dd47c33bb}\dev\OffsetMult_cmd.py"
  line 1, in <module>, "<string>"
  line unknown, in <module>, "<string>"

Then, I reboot my machine and everything starts working ok again…o.O

And the script is very simple (sorry for the lack of "design to fail checks but I made it in a rush some time ago):

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

strCrv0 = rs.GetCurveObject("Select curve",True)
intTimes = rs.GetInteger("Number of repetitions")
dblDist = rs.GetReal("Distance between curves")
pt0 = rs.GetPoint("Selec offset side")
rs.EnableRedraw(False)

for i in range(intTimes):

newCurve = rs.OffsetCurve(strCrv0[0],pt0,dblDist*(i+1))
    strCrv = newCurve

rs.EnableRedraw(True)

It got worst…even rebooting I have no way to get all the “normal” functions running in my scripts. :frowning: I’ll try uninstalling the WIP…

UPDATE: Uninstalling RH6 WIP doesn’t fix it…even I have not acces to the common rs functions anymore :frowning:

Hi Angel,

Maybe some of the files in the

C:\Users\Ángel\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\lib\rhinoscript

directory had a lock on them when you updated. Can you try deleting the ‘version.txt’ file:

C:\Users\Ángel\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\version.txt

Then restart Rhino making sure there are no files in the rhinoscript directory which are opened in an editor (or any other app that could place a lock on them).

Let me know how that works out.
Alain

Hi @Alain!

Thanks for the fast reply.

:frowning: It seams that it didn’t work…any other idea to test?

@Angel , Before you run this script are you perhaps running another script that has the following import statements?

import rhinoscript.userinterface
import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

That combination causes problems

Alain