BUG no gumball when selecting objects in active detail

Discovered that when selecting objects inside an active detail view in layout space the gumball is not visible.

I am using the most recent build of WIP
Rhino 8 SR0 2023-1-24 (Rhino WIP, 8.0.23024.12305, Git hash:master @ 036f76afc2fd6926adb81ca67cbe460a4210c0e8)
License type: Commercial, build 2023-01-24
License details: Cloud Zoo
Expires on: 2023-03-10

Please post the results of Rhino’s “SystemInfo” command.
This will give us a good idea of the computer resources Rhino is seeing and hopefully suggest a change.

Hi Brady -

It looks like you are 2 versions behind. This issue has been fixed.
-wim

Oh sweet! When I check for updates it says I am up to date? How to do I get the latest build?

Hi Brady -

I suppose there’s always Rhino - Download - Rhino for Windows WIP (rhino3d.com)
but here’s a direct link: 8.0.23039.08305.

Have you rebooted the machine lately?
You could try going to the Windows Services application and stop and restart the McNeel Update service:

-wim

Thanks Wim

“Check for Updates” works differently on V8 WIP than on V7 and previous versions.

The report from “Check for Updates” appears to always report Rhino is up to date unless an update is being downloaded or has previously been download but not installed. There is no option to “Check now”. So when “Check for updates” says V8 WIP is up to date it may or may not be up to date.

And it is not possible to force Rhino to download an update.

To update V8 WIP a user needs to opened V8 WIP since an update was made available. Then wait for the system to decide to download the update.

1 Like