Bug in Polygons

unhandled

(Touchlessdesign) #1

Rhino 6. There’s a problem in the polygons. Circumscribed polygon does not measure from center to the mid point of the side, it still measure’s form the center to end point. Also having a lot of directional problems with Onsnap, when snapping say to the end of a cylinder to extend it it snaps at 90deg. not parallel. Also tried to snap from an object and create a Truncated cone, could not get it go the direction I wanted. I had to make it separately. I don’t remember having this problem in Rhino 5.

Seems to be working here… I start the Polygon command, set say, 6 sides and Circumscribed, type 10 for distance, and with Ortho on, I pull the end point to the right along the X-axis and click to set… It makes a hexagon that measures 20 units across the flats horizontally…

I’m not sure I understand this part… can you post an example?

What did you have set as the DirectionConstraint? Default setting is vertical to the current CPlane.

–Mitch

(Touchlessdesign) #3

Doesn’t work for second selection.

(Touchlessdesign) #4

last answer, direction constraint is set to none

(Touchlessdesign) #5

when you open polygons the second selection shows center to mid point on the polygon it doesn’t work correctly

@touchlessdesign You can combine all your answers into one post by using the quote function - highlight the phrease you want to respond to and press the “Quote” button that appears.

OK, I understand that the “second selection” you are talking about is the toolbar button. Yes, that appears to be a bug, something must have changed from V5 - instead of

! _Polygon _Circumscribed

you now need

! _Polygon _Mode=_Circumscribed

Either the toolbar button has not been updated to match, or the command needs to be fixed. You can temporarily fix this by modifying the button macro as I showed above.

Don’t know, I was able to make a TCone here from, say corner to corner of a box diagonally, it seems to work OK here using direction constraint set to None…

(Touchlessdesign) #7

Thanks Mitch, Rhino 5 had the same prob at one point then it was fixed with an update. I never new you could modify the script. Learn something new everyday. Thanks again.

(Touchlessdesign) #8

Try creating a cylinder and in Perspective mode snap to the center of one end, it does not follow the cylinder direction. It wants to create it 90 deg. off the end.

I don’t see this here… or I don’t understand what you are seeing.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #10

If you need an easy way to create a simple animated gif from your screen you can use the great tool LICEcap. It might help conveying what you are seeing.

/Nathan

Thanks Nathan, LICEcap is great!