Bug in Grasshopper for Rhino 6 & 7


I’m facing a little but an annoying bug for over a year now, first in Rhino 6 and it’s still there in Rhino 7. I work a lot in Grasshopper and if you double click on a slider bar you should directly be able to edit the value of the component. In my cas this only works 20% of the time, the other 80% gides me directly to the more sophisticated editing box. It is also possible the change the value here but it cost a couple of extra clicks and if you need to change values hundreds of times every day it gets very annoying…

If I restart Rhino it’s sometimes solved and the way it should be but after using it for a while this bug shows up again.

And yes I know you should click on the right side of the component and not on the left to directly change the value.

I would very much appreciate it if there is a solution for this!


I don’t know if this might be of any help, hope it will
there is a certain zoom-out threshold after which double-clicking on the number slider always popup the sophisticated slider-edit window

by zooming-in (in such a way the slider becomes “big enough” on your screen) double clicking on the slider number-value always worked for me (also in GH for Mac, I used it last time in November 2020)