Bug: Can't work with Layers properly from the Status bar

Rhino 7 is extremely convenient when it comes do using the cascading toolbars and activating an icon there with a single mouse click. This is a HUGE deal for me. I believe that the reason for people to be upset with all the bugs and worse experience in Rhino 8 is that Rhino 7’s UI was pretty much polished to the maximum. Rhino 8 will feel much more reliable and user-friendly when the fix to the cascading toolbars is finally there.

A while ago I reported another issue related to the UI. Upon clicking on an icon whose tool is building an object, the mouse pointer in Rhino 8 changes immediately to a crosshair sight, even though it’s still located over the toolbar. This particular behaviour leads to an unpolished feeling and causes slight shutter and lag (at least on my system). Contrary to that, the mouse pointer of Rhino 7 remains very responsive at any time, and switches to a crosshair sight only after it leaves the toolbar and reaches the viewport.

A huge issue is also the inability to right-click on the Status bar. I tested this now and it’s still not fixed, even though I reported the bug about one month ago.