'Brep Closest Point' GUID mismatch

Not really, it would just require I start writing GHA data for native components in GH1.0, it will then get read by 0.9 the way it reads regular plug-in data.

ok; then it would require an update to Mac GH :slight_smile:

Yes, which may or may not happen, depending on how much work it is going to be --again-- to port the code. I imagine about as much work as it was the first time since a lot of changes and fixes happened in VB.

That sounds like an excellent idea, and while you’re at it, some of the trivial changes like multiple inputs on addition and multiplication could be implemented as well, ameliorating the incompatibility problem.

Why not place a “null object” as a place holder for non existant components? That would help a lot when reconstructing incomplete definitions.

// Rolf

Because that’s a lot of work and I’m not supposed to be adding major new features to GH1. Every hour I spend dicking with old code is an hour not spent getting GH2 ready.

Every hour I spend < censored > with my trial GH1 is an extra hour spent on something that someone (I’m not saying who) wants me to pay for. Why should I? :wink:

I was just going to call my reseller to place an order on GH1, but now I just decided to…

… actually make that phone call (no, I didn’t hesitate).

No hard feelings. Must be a PITA to make an awesome product and then talk to people who only wants to discuss the tiny bits that are still missing. :slight_smile:

// Rolf

I get it. Since GH1 is now actually part of Rhino6 it is no longer really ‘free’ in the same sense that it was before. If there’s serious issues we’ll try and get those fixed (there still are some). But in some cases the line between bug-fix and new-feature is drawn arbitrarily and inconsistently.

1 Like

Routine life for a software developer. In the old days (the eighties), it was only on rare occasions when I attended a trade show that I got to meet customers and hear from them how much they LOVED the application that I was largely responsible for writing. Most of the time, feedback came via the customer support staff and salespeople in the form of bug reports, complaints and new feature requests. That feedback is important though, and ultimately leads to a better product.

1 Like