Boolean difference won't work even after changing tolerances to 500

vault.3dm (5.1 MB)

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here, both are closed polysrf, no non manifold edges, and they do intersect…still, I can’t boolean at all, even after increasing my tolerances to 500…Literally at my wit’s end because I have been modeling this as a part to a larger model and this was the only odd piece that couldn’t work, while other vaults remained fine with the method I used.

If it helps, here is the original polysrf I cleaned this up from. vault2.3dm (4.2 MB)

After replacing the red surfaces (pictured), the errors in that corner no longer show up on Boolean Difference.

And in another corner (+ one surface) there were BadObjects (fixed with red surfaces):

In the middle part the surfaces doesn’t seem to intersect near the red DOT markers (screenshot from underneath with different colors to separate the two surfaces.:

vault_RE.3dm (5.0 MB)

// Rolf

1 Like