Bongo not loading

(Wim Dekeyser) #1

Bongo RC1 is installed. When I click on one of the icons on the Bongo toolbar, Rhino echoes ‘unknown command’.

Command: _BongoHelp
Unknown command: _BongoHelp
Command: _BongoTimeLine
Unknown command: _BongoTimeLine
Command: _BongoAbout
Unknown command: _BongoAbout
Command: _BongoPreCalculateIk
Unknown command: _BongoPreCalculateIk

When I exit Rhino and launch again, I get a message box saying:

It appears Rhino failed to load the plug-in C:\Program Files\Bongo 2.0 (64-bit)\BongoUI.20.v50.rhp the last time you used Rhino. Do you want to stop using this plug-in?

I click on No and Rhino launches. AT this point, all commands are recognized. Next time I start Rhino, the commands are unknown again. Start Rhino again and all is well again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled without that changing anything…

Same over here.

(Andrew le Bihan) #3

Wim - we’ve seen this at one other site (yup - it’s Gerard’s) and we still haven’t figured out what’s really causing it.

What we did figure out is that it is another plug-in that is causing the problem. In Gerard’s case, it was a piece of the Orca3d system. Do you have that installed?

I would be happy to take a look at your machine by remote control any time you are available.

• Andy

(Wim Dekeyser) #4

Andy, I’ll get in touch when I’m not behind the firewall and have some time.
(but, no, there is no Orca on my system)

(Andrew le Bihan) #5

We’ve got this pretty much figured out. The issue is actually in Rhino, but seems to be related to Monkey compiled plug-ins (probably old ones) not correctly registering themselves. In Wim’s case, it is a piece of Scan and Solve. In Gerard’s case it is a piece of Orca3d.

I’m hoping we can get a fix into SR6 to resolve this. In the meantime I’m working on a plug-in that detects and fixes these problems. If you are experiencing something similar, please let me know.

• Andy

Thank you Andy for your efforts in solving it