Bongo not loading

Bongo RC1 is installed. When I click on one of the icons on the Bongo toolbar, Rhino echoes ‘unknown command’.

Command: _BongoHelp
Unknown command: _BongoHelp
Command: _BongoTimeLine
Unknown command: _BongoTimeLine
Command: _BongoAbout
Unknown command: _BongoAbout
Command: _BongoPreCalculateIk
Unknown command: _BongoPreCalculateIk

When I exit Rhino and launch again, I get a message box saying:

It appears Rhino failed to load the plug-in C:\Program Files\Bongo 2.0 (64-bit)\BongoUI.20.v50.rhp the last time you used Rhino. Do you want to stop using this plug-in?

I click on No and Rhino launches. AT this point, all commands are recognized. Next time I start Rhino, the commands are unknown again. Start Rhino again and all is well again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled without that changing anything…

Same over here.

Wim - we’ve seen this at one other site (yup - it’s Gerard’s) and we still haven’t figured out what’s really causing it.

What we did figure out is that it is another plug-in that is causing the problem. In Gerard’s case, it was a piece of the Orca3d system. Do you have that installed?

I would be happy to take a look at your machine by remote control any time you are available.

• Andy

Andy, I’ll get in touch when I’m not behind the firewall and have some time.
(but, no, there is no Orca on my system)

We’ve got this pretty much figured out. The issue is actually in Rhino, but seems to be related to Monkey compiled plug-ins (probably old ones) not correctly registering themselves. In Wim’s case, it is a piece of Scan and Solve. In Gerard’s case it is a piece of Orca3d.

I’m hoping we can get a fix into SR6 to resolve this. In the meantime I’m working on a plug-in that detects and fixes these problems. If you are experiencing something similar, please let me know.

• Andy

Thank you Andy for your efforts in solving it