BOM Rhino 7

For CAD I use only Rhino.

// Rolf

Where I can find this? I am interested to create some BOMs inside Rhino and I need a viable solution.

I made that up as a way to describe what I mean, sorry for the confusion

Yes Gijs has !

Good to know, it’s difficult for me to explain.
Yes, export would be nice.

Yea, that’s interesting about the names! Would this interfere with blocks within blocks within blocks?

Is there a way to add more INPUT into the property of an object whether polysrf or block? see screenshot
or is that an internal rhino thing? I would love to add my own “text” properties to that panel!

I’ve always wondered if you could use USERDATA to have additional fields like “NAME” that I can always see in properties of said object? So I don’t always have to double-click on a block or some selection command.

In my head, this all then could be used to generate boms/tables

No this is not possible. Your only option is to use the user text fields. If you already assigned key/values to all your objects, then the Attribute User Text panel should display all the information you need when selecting an object.

DocumentUserText

Just a collection of BOM related items.

And it isn’t particularly difficult to write a company specific solution in rhinoscript or rhinopython user attribute user text.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

I had no clue Peter’s tools had the BOM. It looks great, will be looking into this soon. Obsessed with some of his other stuff.

@Gijs

Also take a look at TABL_

I don’t know how easy it is to work with this but maybe you can add your button feature to work with this and also be able to add more custom fields to this…?

I would love to use this right away, however the NAME FIELD does not generate on a block within a block which is the problem.

Also, there’s a checkbox for “comments” which I’m not sure where that is - but maybe I can use this for my description and get rid of name even though I would love to have my part# under name - but I work exclusivly with blocks, so crying just a little bit here.

Is it open source?

No clue but it’s a free license. Does that mean no?

Oh wait!

I left a comment in this thread…

Ok, when I have more time again I will have a look. Thanks.

@zale_orcid @Gijs
Hey All,

Tabl_ is open source, feel free to help out or create your own branch! There is also a newer version available in Rhino 7 through the Package Manager…

Also, the “Comments” is written and read from the User Text of an object with the key “Tabl_”.

1 Like

Thanks @Tim_Williams I will study your work as soon as I find some time to see if I can integrate it into the tools I’ve made.

HI @Gijs can you provide a link to your scripts github - can’t seem to access it or find it

@zale_orcid it’s at GitHub - studiogijs/pythonscripts: python script for Rhino 3d

1 Like

Could you just label an object as part using a custom attribute across the whole project?

IsPart:
Parent :